What is there to do for Spring Break in San Patricio County?
Sunday, March 12
• Ssssnakes! – Meet at the ‘Castle’ at 7 p.m. and come learn all about the snakes that make South Texas their home in this fun filled ranger talk. Lake Corpus Christi State Park, 23194 Park Road 25, Spring Break Ranger Program
Monday, March 13
• Dinosaurs Live Show - From 6 p.m. - 8 p.m. Enjoy face painting, popcorn and other snacks while eight dinosaurs come to life at this informative and fun show. 410 E. San Patricio Mathis, Tx
Tuesday, March 14
• Intro to Kayaking – From 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. guests meet at the new fishing pier for an introduction to kayaking. Kayaks will be provided and are perfect for beginners. All participants must wear a life jacket and sign a liability waiver. Children under 13 must be accompanied with an adult. Lake Corpus Christi State Park, 23194 Park Road 25, Spring Break Ranger Program
Wednesday, March 15
• Kids Bird Feeder Decorating – From 9 a.m. until noon guests will meet at the Birding Area near the ‘Castle’ where they can decorate their own bird feeder. Supplies provided while they last. Lake Corpus Christi State Park, 23194 Park Road 25, Spring Break Ranger Program
Thursday, March 16
• Geocaching 101 – Guests meet at the ‘Castle’ at 10 a.m. for a “high-tech” scavenger hunt and learn how you can geo-cache anywhere. All ages welcome. Lake Corpus Christi State Park, 23194 Park Road 25, Spring Break Ranger Program
Friday, March 17
• Civilian Conservation Crops Exhibit and Ranger Talk – Guests will meet at the “Castle” at the 3 p.m. to learn about the history of Lake Corpus Christi and the young men of the 1930s that helped build the park Lake Corpus Christi State Park, 23194 Park Road 25, Spring Break Ranger Program
End it on the BEST note of all!
Make your way down to Old San Patricio this weekend for a wildin’ good time at the 45th World Championship Rattle Snake Races!
Gates will open at 11 am until 6 p.m. with live music by James Little on Saturday and Borderline on Sunday.
The annual race is happening this weekend March 18th and 19th.
Posted on March 12, 2017
by Intern Part-Time